A long weekend calls for a recap, don’t you think? And so, this week’s Ten on Tuesday topic is 10 Things I Did This Weekend. Let’s begin.
- My first ever maternity photo shoot. I was nervous as hell but I ended up having a blast. It didn’t hurt that the couple was super easy to work with and absolutely adorable. I can’t wait for the newborn photo shoot that will be happy once their little one has arrived.
- Visited a new-to-me yarn shop – always a good time.
- Had a fabulous lunch at The Farmer’s Daughter. I’ve been hearing great things about this place and they are all true.
- Attended the 70th birthday part of my cousin Lisa’s husband, Pat. I don’t see much of Lisa (she is the fabulous Len’s sister) but an evening with family is always welcome.
- Read and knit on our deck. The weather was a mixed bag but when it wasn’t raining that’s where I was.
- Went to the North River Arts Society Festival of the Arts. It’s the first time Dale and I have attended this but it won’t be the last. Not only did they have lots of booths with great artwork but they also had beer, wine & music.
- Had a fun evening at the bar of Turner’s Yard. We tried to get in to a few different restaurants on the way home from the Arts Festival and they were all very full – probably because they were near the water and it was a holiday weekend. I was resisting Turner’s Yard because we had just been there Thursday night but we decided that didn’t matter since we love their menu and we always meet the nicest people when we go there. We were right to choose it and we had a great evening.
- Gave that speech I shared with you yesterday. The ceremony had to be moved indoors because of rain but we had a good crowd and I received several congratulations on a well written and nicely delivered speech.
- Hung out with our family for Memorial Day. Sangria, hot dogs and hamburgers, potato salad, macaroni salad, baby back ribs, and brownies. We had enough food for a small crowd, that’s for sure!
- Went to sleep knowing I had the rest of the week off to do exactly as I please. Bring on the staycation.
How was your weekend? Add your link below and tell us all about it!