We’ve got a major holiday coming at the end of this week – Independence Day aka The 4th of July. I love what this day represents and I’m looking forward to it, not just as a day off from work, but as a day to celebrate America. Here are my 10 Ideas for the 4th of July:
- Wear red, white & blue. I have a great hat that work for this purpose.
- Decorate for the holiday – pinwheels and American flags and buntings and more! I love patriotic decor.
- Watch the Coney Island Hot Dog Eating Contest. This is a tradition for me – sure hope Joey Chestnut holds on to that Mustard Belt.
- Watch a parade. Dale’s band always participates in the parade in Plymouth – America’s Hometown and that’s perfect for this particular holiday.
- Make this cake.
- Go to a cook out. Hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad and – if you’re lucky and it’s ready early enough – native corn.
- Light sparklers. Take photos of your friends swirling them through the air.
- Oooh and aaaaaa over the fireworks. This one is mandatory.
- Make a blueberry pie and use stars for the top crust.
- Think about what it means to be an American. The politics of late are crap but still, I consider myself fortunate to live in this country and I will celebrate our Independence Day accordingly.
I hope you all have a great 4th of July! Click on the link below to share your list and click here to subscribe to the weekly Ten on Tuesday emails.