I kind of can’t believe we haven’t already done this week’s topic. I searched, though, and it didn’t come up so I’m going ahead with it. And if we have done it and I’ve forgotten, well, don’t burst my bubble and tell me because I’m so excited to share my 10 Favorite Summer Side Dishes with you. And here they are:
- Potato salad. The old-fashioned kind with onion, celery and hard boiled eggs.
- Macaroni Salad. I like mine best with tuna, celery and black olives.
- Red White & Blueberry Salad. I made this last weekend and it was delicious!
- Grilled Summer Squash. Truly my favorite way to have it, much to Dale’s disappointment since he likes it boiled until it’s a soggy, yellow mess.
- Three Bean Salad. Follow that there link for the recipe I use.
- Corn on the Cob. Only, only, only when it’s native, though.
- Sliced Cucumbers with vinegar and cracked black pepper. This is a perfect summer treat.
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos. You know the ones I mean, right? Pioneer Woman makes them and they are so good!
- Layered Salad. I haven’t made this in ages but there was a time, back in the late 80s, when I made it for every summer event we attended. All I can remember now is that it had peas and cheese and hardboiled eggs.
- Greek salad. I love a big ole bowl of lettuce with tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions and lots of feta cheese.
How about you? What do you like to serve as side dishes in the summer? If you wrote a post for today be sure and click the link below to share it with everyone. And if you’d like to receive the weekly Ten on Tuesday email then please click here.