Thank you all so much for your kind comments on yesterday’s post about Dixie. Even though they made me cry it really helped to know that you all were thinking about us and sharing your stories and remembering your own pets, too. I’ve said it before but I’ll say it agin: I have the best blog readers ever.
Okay, moving on.
Today, because this week hasn’t been dramatic enough, my beloved husband is having hernia surgery. It’s an out patient thing and relatively common but still – we’re nervous and apprehensive. I, of course, will have the responsibility of sitting in the waiting room and sometimes I think that’s harder than being the person who is actually undergoing a procedure. And so, today’s Ten on Tuesday topic is 10 Things To Do in a Waiting Room.
- Read. Something absorbing to keep you from being distracted by the noise of other people around you.
- Knit. When the distractions make reading too difficult.
- Listen to music. With headphones, of course.
- Check email. Because one must stay in touch.
- Check Facebook. See #4.
- Make lists for grocery shopping, work stuff and upcoming vacations. This works especially well if you have a smart phone or tablet with you.
- Peruse Pinterest. Sure, Pinterest is a time suck but you’re stuck in waiting room hell so why not waste some time on Pinterest? Plus, it’s pretty.
- Write thank you notes. Of course, this means remembering to bring notes and addresses with you when you go.
- Doodle. I hear it’s a great distraction but I’ve never tried it myself.
- Pray. I will be. Constantly until I know he’s safe.
Now that I think of it, I should have made this last week’s topic so that I could have gleaned ideas from all of you in advance. If you wrote a post for today be sure and click the button below to share it with everyone. And if you’d like to subscribe to the weekly Ten on Tuesday email simply click here.