The Ten on Tuesday topic for this week was inspired by something I saw going around on Facebook during the last few weeks. I altered it slightly but the task is to list 10 Books That Have Stayed With Me Long After I’ve Read Them. Now, you know how I generally write my list and then elaborate on each thing, explaining why I’ve listed it and stuff? I’m not doing that this week. It’s not because I’m lazy, though, it’s because I have a terrible memory when it comes to books. I know I’m going to have no problem listing 10 books that have stayed with me but I also know that I won’t really be able to tell you why they have stayed with me. You’ll just have to trust me that they are books that have made a lasting impression on me and we will leave it at that. I will link to them on Good Reads, though, so that you can go read all about it them on your own time. Mmmmkay?
- The Red Tent by Anita Diamant.
- The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.
- Before & After by Rosellen Brown.
- The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls.
- The Little Friend by Donna Tartt.
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
- Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides.
- The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell
- Bel Canto by Ann Patchett.
- The Historian by Elizabeth
- The History of Love by Nicole Krauss.
I know, I know, I listed 11. And I could have even listed more like The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan and Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks and Life After Life by Kate Atkinson and The Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells and all of The Outlander books and pretty much anything by Chris Bohjalian.
See what I did there? I snuck in a bunch more books. Heh.
So, how about you? What are the books you’ve read that you can’t forget? If you wrote a blog post for today be sure and share you link below. And, if you’d like to receive the weekly Ten on Tuesday topic email, please click here.