Today’s Ten on Tuesday topic is 10 Cars I Have Had. I’m going with chronological order, here, because I think that is the only way I will be able to remember them correctly. Ready?
- Mazda 323. My first car ever, bought right after my college graduation and it was brand new. I got my driver’s license the same day I got the car.
- Ford Tempo. I hated that car. Loathed it, in fact. I will never own another Ford if I can help it.
- Chevy Blazer. Dale bought this for me when we got engaged because he wanted Hannah and I in something safe and prior to this we were driving that POS Ford Tempo. I loved this car, not only for the sentiment that went with it, but for it’s style and drive-ability.
- Chevy Suburban. I’ve had 2 and Dale had one, as well. In fact, at one point we both drove Suburbans and that was a little nuts. They are great for towing, though, and we had a camper and 4 kids and it was awesome to never have to worry about not having enough space.
- Jeep Wrangler. We bought this the year I turned 40 and I love this stupid thing. It’s so much fun to take the doors off and the top down and ride around with the radio turned up really loud.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee. It was red and fancy and I loved it while I had it.
- Subaru Outback. Also red and the first brand new car I had since that Mazda way back in 1987.
- Subaru Crosstrek. My current car. It’s zippy and fun to drive and the tires are very cool looking. The seats, however, are uncomfortable and I think when I trade this in I will go back to an Outback and at that point Dale will get a pick up truck again – and that will make him very happy.
- I also had vehicles I didn’t own but that I drove regularly. The first was my mom’s Dodge Diplomat. The thing was a boat and it’s what I drove when I learned to drive. It was banana yellow. You could see me coming and that was probably a very good thing.
- We’ve had various pick up trucks over the years, too. A truck is definitely not my thing but they certainly come in handy and it’s Dale’s vehicle of choice. Well, after a Chevy Suburban but those days are over for us.
So, those are the cars I have driven. Some I have loved and some I have hated but they all served a purpose and thinking about them has brought back some great (and some not so great!) memories.
Did you write a post for today? Be sure and add a link to it by clicking below. And, if you’d like to receive the weekly Ten on Tuesday email then just click here to sign up.