I had a very nice weekend. Want to know what I did?
- Ran the usual errands. Costco, grocery shopping, bank.
- Enjoyed a fabulous Friday afternoon on the deck. It was warm and friends unexpectedly dropped by. We drank some wine and solved the problems of the world.
- Spent a relaxing Friday evening with Dale. Sauteed shrimp and pasta for dinner, a little more wine, some music and lots of catching up.
- Saturday I went to the Y. I know, right? A minor miracle right there.
- I also made deviled eggs. And baked an apple pie. The pie was a raffle prize for our Kiwanis fundraiser dance that evening. It was a hit and my friend Tom won it and he was very very pleased.
- Saturday evening was the above mentioned dance featuring Dale and the Duds. It was a wonderful evening! Bob was there to sing with the band, lots of their fans turned out and we had a really fantastic time. As I told Dale, it was old school Dale and the Duds and I’m so glad we got to do it. We also made $1100 for my Kiwanis club!
- I got to chat with my former piano teacher. She was at the dance to see Bob since they are in the Brockton Symphony together. It was so awesome to see her – I took lessons from her all through junior high and high school and I babysat for her as well. I was so happy to get to introduce her to Hannah. Talk about a full circle moment.
- Sunday was a recovery day. We slept late (well, 8am is late for me) and I made the apple cider waffles that are in that picture up there. They were so delicious – like an apple cider donut only better because they were topped with butter and warm maple syrup.
- There was also some knitting, some scary movie watching.
- And a turkey dinner with Jess & Patrick.
- Speaking of Patrick – today is his 16th birthday! Happy Birthday, buddy, we love you lots!
It was a very good weekend.