I think most of us have been inspired to collect something over the years. Knickknacks, craft supplies, books – we’re all susceptible. Today I want you to tell me what you have collected and that’s why our Ten on Tuesday topic is 10 Collections I’ve Had Over the Years.
- Dala horses. These may have been the first thing I ever collected. I got my first one at the Kaffe Stuga at the Lutheran Church in my neighborhood when I was just a girl. I got my most recent one just last year.
- Strawberries. Well, not strawberries but stuff with strawberries on them. Monogrammed sweaters, prints, pillows and other home decor. My room my freshmen year of college was covered in strawberries and I’m surprised my roommate tolerated it.
- Snowmen. My collection of snowmen started the first year I was married. I picked one up at a craft fair and that was the start of a lifelong, ummm, obsession.
- Longaberger Baskets. I have many. Many, many. At least this is a useful collection.
- Seashells and seaglass. I go to the beach for vacation pretty regularly. This one is a gimme.
- Pappagallo Purse Covers. Do you remember those? I was quite the prep in junior and senior high school and I had these in every color and for every season.
- Decoys. This is probably more of a collection of Dale’s but we have them throughout our home. We don’t have any truly valuable ones but I love them for their folk art appeal.
- Yarn. And also, fabric. This counts as a collection, right? I mean, my Vesper Sock Yarn is a collection unto itself.
- Cookbooks. I don’t really collect them now that most recipes are online but I had a lot back in the day. I actually still have some of my favorites and I won’t give them up.
- Scrapbooking Supplies. Back in the days before digital cameras I did a lot of scrapbooking and therefore amassed a lot of stickers and cardstock and other fun scrapbooking stuff.
Collecting is fun, right? Not an obsession at all, right?
If you wrote a post for today please leave your link below. If you want to receive the weekly Ten on Tuesday email please click here to sign up.