I think the idea for this week’s Ten on Tuesday came from something I saw on Facebook. I can’t remember where I saw it or who posted it – as is so often the case with things I see there – but I remember instantly thinking this would work for us. What’s the topic, you ask? 10 Musicians I Would Bring Back from the Dead.
- John Lennon. For Dale.
- Freddie Mercury. I’d like him to see that we would do better by him now. Plus, Bohemian Rhapsody.
- Frank Sinatra. For my father-in-law. He loves When I Was Seventeen. I think it’s just depressing but it makes Jack happy so I play it for him.
- John Denver. I have always felt that we got robbed when John Denver was killed in that plane crash. He had more music to make for us and I wish he’d gotten the chance.
- Johnny Cash. Do you think the first thing he’d say is, “hello, I’m Johnny Cash”?
- Michael Jackson. The King of Pop should live forever.
- Mary Travers. I always always wanted to go see Peter, Paul and Mary but I never got the chance.
- Luciano Pavarotti. Because La Donna E Mobile.
- Mozart. I think talking to him would be a trip.
- Jim Morrison. That’s if he’s really dead, of course. Plus, I think it would be cool to see him grow into an old man.
I’m grateful for the music they all gave us when they could.
If you wrote a post for today be sure and click the button below to share it. And if you want to receive the weekly Ten on Tuesday email then just click here.