It’s the first Ten on Tuesday of 2015 and that can mean only one thing – we are going to talk about intentions. Or resolutions. Or goals. Or things we want to do. Call them what you will, ignore them if you will, but I think it’s good to think about what I want to do, ways I want to change, things I want to accomplish at the start of a new year. And so, My Intentions for 2015 are to:
- Use my iPhone camera. As my friend Gale always says, the best camera is the one you have with you and I always, always have my phone with me. I’m open to suggestions for great apps to make my photos look better but I can already see that the camera in the iPhone 6 is a good one.
- Join instagram. Maybe. Mary says she’s making it her personal goal to get me to do this so I’m putting in here. It may not be my intention but if it’s hers I have a feeling that resistance is futile.
- Fully participate in One Little Word. Last year I got behind a bit over the summer and, while I managed to catch up, the prompts didn’t feel as fresh as they would have if I had been doing that as they were released. This year I plan to fully embrace the whole thing and in a timely way, too.
- Recommit to exercise. I used to go to the gym 5 times a week and now I tell myself I’m too busy. Nothing has changed, I’m not busier than I was in 2013, I’m just better at making excuses. So I’m committing to 3 times per week. It should be more but 3 feels doable and I think being realistic is important here.
- Read 52 books. I almost made it last year – I finished book 52 on January 2nd. I like the idea of a book a week so that’s what I’m setting for my goal.
- Stop procrastinating. I know you all thing I’m this paragon of organization and virtue but when it comes to stuff I don’t like to do, I’m just like everyone else and I procrastinate. You want to know the biggest thing I put off? Going to the bank. I hate going to the bank but I have to do it frequently for work and I put it off and well, I’m going to just stop doing that.
- Get all gold medals in Mario Kart. Yes, this is silly but I love playing Mario Kart and I just need gold in the 150cc races. I’m doing it even if Rainbow Road makes me want to poke my eyes out.
- Waste less food. This starts with meal planning and I’m off to a good start, having planned this week’s meals partly from purchases and partly from stuff in the freezer.
- Spend less money. I’m still good on spending money on the big stuff – hell, we just bought a new car – and I sure hope we go to Mexico again this year – but I want to cut back on spending money on little stuff like take out and eating out and buying stupid things I don’t really need. Spending less on the little stuff will mean we have more available to spend on the big stuff. Yes, there is a method to my madness.
- Try new things. Make mistakes. Be bold. Change. Grow.
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it, my friends. What will you do in 2015? If you wrote a blog post for today please add a link to it below. If you want to subscribe to the weekly Ten on Tuesday email then please click here.