Hullo, is it really Monday morning already? That weekend went by with a woosh! Here’s a laundry list of the things I did to help explain how quickly it seemed to pass.
- On Friday I got up early and went to the gym. Thanks to a kick in the ass from my friend Anne I pushed myself to start running again. 5 minute intervals of walking/slow running felt really good.
- I did my usual Friday errands (grocery store, bank, drugstore) and some chores around the house.
- I watched Parenthood. I’m so sad this show is ending and I think every episode left is going to leave me crying and emotionally wrought.
- I spent a perfect evening with Dale. I cooked swordfish for him (salmon for me, thankyouverymuch) and we listened to music (since it’s all Christmas music around here from the day after Thanksgiving until the day after Christmas it was nice to get back to some of our regular stuff) and we danced. In the kitchen, of course, but in the living room, too. I treasure those type of nights, I’ll tell you.
- On Saturday I got ready for company for the Pats play off game. I made white chicken chili, those brownies pictured above (so simple, just a tub of cookie dough pressed into a 9×9 pan and then topped with Reese’s peanut butter cups), deviled eggs and crabbies.
- We took a quick trip to Best Buy where I bought a heavier duty case for my new iPhone 6 (because last week I dropped and shattered the screen on the first one, sigh) and we looked into Sonos wireless speakers for our house. I have a pretty good idea of what we need now and I’m excited about getting these.
- We watched the Pats/Ravens game with our awesome friends Doreen and Mark. It was a nail biter but we pulled it off! We drank lots of beer thanks to our guests generosity and some growlers from Cape Cod Beer.
- We played Cards Against Humanity into the wee hours. We laughed and laughed until we ached and that’s the best kind of laughter.
- Sunday we had a big breakfast together before Doreen and Mark went home.
- I played Mario Kart, working on that goal of all gold medals.
- We had an early evening dinner at a new-to-us place while watching the first half of the Broncos/Colts game.
- We came home and watched the rest of the game while playing Quiddler. I beat Dale again but he’s getting better so I’m going to have to up my game.
- We snuggled on the couch and watched some more TV.
It was a very good weekend but I need to find a way to slow down time and make weekends like that last a little longer.