Today’s Ten on Tuesday topic starts with a premise: you are having a dinner party and you can invite 10 fictional characters. Who would you invite? My guests would be:
- Diana Bishop from A Discovery of Witches. She’d make a very intriguing guest, I’m sure. Plus, she could use her magic to clean everything up at the end of the evening.
- Kinsey Milhone from the Alphabet Murder series. I just love her no nonsense approach to life.
- Claire Fraser from Outlander. I’d pick her brain for herbal treatments and all she knows about Scottish history.
- Goldie Schultz from the Diane Mott Davidson mystery series
- Ursula Todd from Life After Life. Oh, the stories she could tell! So long as she didn’t die and disappear during the dinner.
- Atticus Finch from To Kill A Mockingbird. Smart, wise and handsome.
- Rhett Butler from Gone With The Wind. I know Rhett would keep things lively and he’d flirt with all of the ladies – including me, I hope.
- James “Hobie” Hobart from The Goldfinch. I just think Hobie was so kind and loyal, he’d be a great dinner guest.
- Albus Dumbledore from the Harry Potter series. Again, magic. Again, wisdom.
- Henry DeTamble from The Time Traveler’s Wife. He’s a librarian so he’d be a great conversationalist. I just hope, like Ursula Todd, that he’d stay for the whole evening and not disappear.
Which fictional character would you have over for dinner?
If you wrote a post for today’s topic, please click the button below to add your link. If you would like to subscribe to the Ten on Tuesday email list, please click here.