I’ve been reading. A lot. I’ve been reading some really great books, some good books, and 1 not very good book. My guess is that you all are having similar experiences and I really want to know what you’ve been reading because I don’t want to be missing out on reading something great. So, for Ten on Tuesday today, I have asked everyone to create a list of the 10 Last Books You Have Read. Here are mine:
- The Boston Girl by Anita Diamant. Love it. It’s not The Red Tent but it’s a good story.
- The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker. Best book I’ve read in ages. Seriously. Go read this right now.
- The Martian by Andy Weir. I had to skim this one because the science was just too much for me. But I was interested enough to want to know what happened. It would definitely appeal more to science fiction fans.
- Whistling Past the Graveyard by Susan Crandall. This is like a mash-up of The Help, The Pecan Man and To Kill a Mockingbird. Pretty good and not at all what I expected.
- Remember Me Like This by Bret Anthony Johnston. The things that stand out for me with regards to this book are all the things that are never said. I read it wishing people would speak up, say what they really felt, and then heal from their tragedies. I guess, much like real life, it’s not always linear progress.
- The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion. Very cute, quite entertaining and I’m starting The Rosie Effect next.
- Dark Places by Gillian Flynn. I love it much more than Gone Girl!
- A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick. You know, I really liked this one. A little bit gothic and dark but very entertaining and pretty well written.
- We Are Not Ourselves by Matthew Thomas. This was too long and I really didn’t care for the main character much. But it’s very well written and captures the feeling of real life, marriage, jobs and day-to-day living very well.
- Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng. I don’t know why this book is as popular as it is. I liked it well enough, I suppose, but I didn’t really care for any of the characters and I was often frustrated by their behavior.
And there you have it – the 10 books I have most recently finished. How about you? What have you been reading lately? If you wrote a blog post for today’s topic please add your link below. Click here to receive the weekly Ten on Tuesday email.