Margene wrote a post yesterday about being delighted by everyday things. Her inspiration came from a poem by Mary Oliver and Margene’s post and Oliver’s poem in turn inspired me to make this week’s Ten On Tuesday topic be 10 Everyday Things That Delight You. Or, in this case, me. Ready? Here we go.
- Hot coffee. I am delighted by it’s smell and taste and the ritual of drinking it every morning.
- Words. I love to read and I love that words strung together can evoke feelings and sensations that are incredibly powerful.
- Sunshine. I guess technically this is not an everyday thing since the sun doesn’t shine every day but when it does I find it absolutely delightful and it can change my mood in an instant.
- Birds. We have feeders for goldfinches and bluebirds, woodpeckers and songbirds and they are used frequently. I love to watch the birds fly in and out and about our yard.
- Our front door. For years we had a front door that we couldn’t open. Now we have a beautiful door that is fiberglass but looks like wood and I am delighted by opening it in the afternoon and letting the warmth from the sun come into our front hallway.
- Driving a car. I didn’t get my license until I was almost 22 and I can still remember the freedom that came with it, it delights me to this day.
- Flowers. Inside or outside, planted or cut, flowers are an every day delight.
- Flip flops. I have new ones for Mexico. They are a bit sparkly and utterly delightful.
- The new lamp in our living room. I found exactly what I wanted at TJ Maxx, it’s right in my line of sight when I sit on the couch, and I love it.
- My camera. It’s an everyday thing because I use it every day. And it delights me because of the way it allows me to capture the world around me.
What’s delightful in your world today? If you wrote a blog post for today please add your link below so that everyone can find it. If you would like to subscribe to the Ten on Tuesday email list please click here.