Margene wrote a post yesterday about being delighted by everyday things. Her inspiration came from a poem by Mary Oliver and Margene’s post and Oliver’s poem in turn inspired me to make this week’s Ten On Tuesday topic be 10 Everyday Things That Delight You. Or, in this case, me. Ready? Here we go.
- Hot coffee. I am delighted by it’s smell and taste and the ritual of drinking it every morning.
- Words. I love to read and I love that words strung together can evoke feelings and sensations that are incredibly powerful.
- Sunshine. I guess technically this is not an everyday thing since the sun doesn’t shine every day but when it does I find it absolutely delightful and it can change my mood in an instant.
- Birds. We have feeders for goldfinches and bluebirds, woodpeckers and songbirds and they are used frequently. I love to watch the birds fly in and out and about our yard.
- Our front door. For years we had a front door that we couldn’t open. Now we have a beautiful door that is fiberglass but looks like wood and I am delighted by opening it in the afternoon and letting the warmth from the sun come into our front hallway.
- Driving a car. I didn’t get my license until I was almost 22 and I can still remember the freedom that came with it, it delights me to this day.
- Flowers. Inside or outside, planted or cut, flowers are an every day delight.
- Flip flops. I have new ones for Mexico. They are a bit sparkly and utterly delightful.
- The new lamp in our living room. I found exactly what I wanted at TJ Maxx, it’s right in my line of sight when I sit on the couch, and I love it.
- My camera. It’s an everyday thing because I use it every day. And it delights me because of the way it allows me to capture the world around me.
What’s delightful in your world today? If you wrote a blog post for today please add your link below so that everyone can find it. If you would like to subscribe to the Ten on Tuesday email list please click here.
I’m looking forward to reading many wonderful lists today, and I hope your day is filled with sunshine, birds, words, flip flops, and many other delights!
On my list is warm sunshine, like yesterday!
There will likely be many similarities on our lists. If we take time to be mindful and joyful over the things that cross our path daily, we will be much happier people. xox
Oh the joy of an open front door. 😉 I’ll bet you’re going to rock those flip flops!
A delightful list! 🙂
If I made a list it would be almost identical to yours…
chere mama says
Ohhhh…..flip flops…….especially blingy! Nothing more delightful! Have fun in Mexico!
The thought of being in the warm sun with flip flops….Ahhhh. TJ Maxx has some great finds. I usually find things I’m not even looking for.
Mary K. in Rockport says
Hear, hear — except flipflops. In place of flipflops I would put the quiet comfort of reading a reliably fine blog (with the coffee) just about every day. Thanks, Carole.
Thanks for a fun topic this week. It was just what I needed, after a difficult time. 🙂
Great list too!
Honore Francois says
This is just the best topic to explore, for anyone to pause and appreciate the little things in life that make our lives and moments so precious. We too often fail to “inhale” and “exhale.” Thanks for reminding us to pause and be mindful.
Great list and I think nothing beats an open door with the sun streaming through. Such a wondrous invitation…
Great list! I am with you on the new door. We recently got a new door with a screendoor and new windows and Roman shades. I love the added light, watching people and dogs in the greenbelt across the street and (like your sunshine not every day) watching the sunset!
I just ordered a pair of sparkly flip flops because of your inspiration. 🙂
gale zucker (she shoots sheep shots) says
An excellent list! I love that you started with coffee. An dincluded flipflops. Have a wonderful time in Mexico! If ever there was a winter that needed a trip south, it was this one.
these lists are pure rays of sunshine (as I type this, it’s pouring rain outside!) …Charlie, coffee (and later a glass of wine with his mama), and knitting delighted me yesterday!