It’s May 5th, or as we commonly refer to is, Cindo de Mayo! Our Ten On Tuesday topic for this day is a no brainer: 10 Favorite Mexican Foods. And it just so happens that I love Mexican food. Vamos!
- Pico de gallo. Oh yummm, my favorite, hands down, appetizer in the whole wide world.
- Gaucamole. Served with #1, of course.
- Chicken Enchiladas. I like my own best but I have been known to order them out as well.
- Shredded Beef Burrito. I like mine with a bit of rice and a lot of beans and a lot of spice.
- Tamales. I’ve had them from street vendors in Mexico and I’ve had them from the hands of Mexican American friends and they are always fantastic.
- Fish Tacos. My favorite is when the fish is grilled but that can be hard to come by in these parts. They are best with some cabbage and cilantro and jalapenos.
- Chicken mole. One of the times I visited Margene we went to The Red Iguana and we all tried a bunch of different mole sauces and I love them all. So rich and dark and flavorful.
- Huevos Rancheros. Spicy eggs for breakfast? Yes, please!
- Arroz con camarones. This is my go-to order at our local Mexican restaurant. They serve it with warm flour tortillas and I make my own little tacos and it’s spicy and delicious.
- Quesadillas. Or, as we call them at our house, Mexican grilled cheese. They are good with meat but I truly like them best with queso and some fresh pico de gallo for dipping.
Honestly, I could go on and on but I will stop at 10. Did you write a post for today? Be sure and add your link below. If you’d like to sign up for the weekly Ten on Tuesday email, please click here.