Last month when Kym was here visiting she asked where Dale and I hang out. And you know what? I was stumped. I mean, we don’t really hang out anywhere. The question has been on my mind ever since, though, and it inspired this week’s Ten On Tuesday topic: 10 Places I Hang Out.
- My living room. This is probably where I spend the most time. It’s where I knit and read and watch TV. When I get sick of the living room I move to
- The den. It’s quiet and soothing in there. Sadly, I can’t spend all of my time in these two rooms and, since I’m dependent on a paycheck, I have to drive to
- The library. My office there is very nice, I must say. Every morning, though, I leave the library and head for
- The Council on Aging. I spend a few hours there, organizing stuff and working with the seniors in town and managing that department. Then I head back to the library before I finally go out to
- My car. Mostly the mustang these days although that’s going to change once the snow and ice start up. Sometimes I drive home to my living room but other times I drive to
- Town Hall. I’m on the building committee for our local library project and we’ve been having frequent meetings lately. It’s fun and exciting but my favorite part is when I get to go home and climb into
- My bed. Seriously, crawling into that bed at the end of the day is my favorite thing ever. I read and Dale and I catch up and it’s a few minutes of utter contentment before I fall asleep. On the nights when we aren’t home we are usually at
- Kiwanis. You know all about that. Or we go out to eat at
- The 99. It’s a small chain, the bartender is a friend, and the food is consistently good. On rare occasions when we want to have extra fun we go someplace like
- The Narrows. Or the movies. Or a different restaurant. Mostly, though, we stay home.
That’s my list and I have to admit it seems a bit pathetic. Still, I’m happy with how I spend my time and who I spend it with. How about you? Where do you hang out?
If you wrote a post for today please include your link below. If you’d like to sign up for the Ten On Tuesday weekly email please click here.