The traditional Ten On Tuesday topic for the Tuesday before Thanksgiving is to talk about things we are thankful for. And I am, as always, thankful for so many blessings in my life. Let me get the big stuff out of the way first: I’m thankful for Dale and my kids and grandkids and extended family. I’m thankful for my health and my job and a roof over my head. I’m thankful for the friends I have, those near and far.
Now. I’m going to approach things a little differently this time around and I have suggested through my Ten On Tuesday email that everyone else do the same. Today I will list 10 Things I Am Thankful for Right Now. An in the moment thankful list, if you will.
- My hairdresser, Tammy. She’s been cutting my hair since I was 18 years old and I love her. She does a great job and I always enjoying catching up with her when I go to the salon.
- Dale’s sense of humor. I have always told Hannah, marry a man who will make you laugh. I think yesterday’s photo proves that he and I have a lot of fun together. That said, I have nixed his suggestion for our next album recreation, Whipped Cream and Other Delights.
- Methimazole. This is the thyroid medication that has turned Mason’s life around. I give him a pill every morning and every evening and I’m so thankful that he has responded to it so well.
- Technology that makes my life easier. Email (I know, it’s so last decade) and texting and everything else that means I can multitask and get stuff done without having to actually talk to anyone.
- Pinterest. Seriously. How did we throw parties before Pinterest?
- 3 day work weeks. Seriously long weekend coming right up. Hoo-effin-ray.
- The generosity of people. Strangers and friends alike have contributed greatly to enable the COA to deliver 26 turkey dinners to local families who need a little help. It does my heart good to see this.
- Good Reads. My reading has increased exponentially since I started using Good Reads. I love it for adding books I want to read, seeing what my friends are reading, and reading their reviews.
- Cranberries. They support the town where I work. They are pretty and they bounce, they taste good and are good for you, too.
- Aflac. I completely forgot to file for our health and wellness benefits for the last 2 years. There’s a nice chunk of change headed my way right now. Woo hoo!
I’m sure you all have lots to be thankful for, too, and I’m looking forward to reading all about it – just make sure to include your link below.