Some of the most popular Ten On Tuesday topics are the ones about food. And so, today, let’s indulge the old sweet tooth and make a list of my 10 Favorite Desserts.
- Cheesecake. Plain is my favorite but I don’t say no to other varieties.
- Pie. Any kind, any time. Mostly blueberry, though.
- Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. The absolute best cake combination in the world.
- Birthday cake. Please note that birthday cake needs to be yellow with vanilla frosting.
- Creme Brulee. A special treat that I don’t make at home.
- Cannolis. From Modern in the North End of Boston, please.
- Ice Cream Sundae. From Peaceful Meadows, our local ice cream spot.
- Brownies and Blondies. Homemade only and not from a box.
- Strawberry Shortcake. When local strawberries are ripe and the biscuits and whipped cream is homemade.
- Bread pudding. Also, rice pudding. But mostly bread pudding.
Don’t mind me but I’m off to the bakery!
If you wrote a post for today please add you link below. If you’d like to subscribe to receive the Ten On Tuesday prompt via email please click here.
Delicious! And holy smokes is that cake beautiful! I’m a big fan on blondies too. Great topic today Carole!
What I wouldn’t give to have my Mom’s homemade strawberry shortcake again! My list would have a slightly different spin on the ice cream though, it’d have to be Shibley’s – by boat, of course.
Yeah. This one is going to have me headed for the ice cream shoppe. Or the bakery. Or something like that. Chocolate cake with chocolate icing AND milk … sounds divine.
Great post of great eats Carole!! Bread pudding, mmmm. I forgot about that one!
Oh, strawberry shortcake! I didn’t even think about it! 🙂
So, just after 9 a.m. and now I’m hungry for dessert. Go figure! Here’s my list:
Strawberry shortcake (homemade biscuits and whipped cream)
Any of my Mom’s pies…especially apple
Marble cake with dark chocolate frosting or 7 minute white frosting…either works
Crème Brulee (like you, I don’t make this, but love it)
Fresh fruit salad — great in the summer hot months
Maple Walnut ice cream – has to be from a dairy in Vermont
Homemade vanilla ice cream
Buche de Noel at Christmas
Pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving
Anything with rhubarb!
That is one gorgeous cake!
6, 8, 9… I thought of Strawberry Shortcake earlier and forgot. SO MANY DESSERTS!! Yuummmmmm.
So glad I got in both my walk and my breakfast before being tempted by this post! Maybe I’ll have forgotten about it by the time lunchtime rolls around. Not likely, but maybe.
I love creme Creme Brulee, too. And, anything lemon or fruity. Great list and your idea of a birthday cake is spot on!
I’m with Vera– love rhubarb! Just plain ole rhubarb pie or rhubarb/blackberry cobbler! And every dessert on the list would be just fine!
P.S. That cake is beyond beautiful.
Oh, my gosh this was a challenge–to narrow it down to just 10!!
How did I forget cheesecake?!
Kathode Ray Tube says
You have to try these lemon bars Carole! http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1017141-lemon-bars-with-olive-oil-and-sea-salt They are amazing.
Ditto on forgetting cheesecake and bread pudding…love your post photo and your choices .
Yum! Though I disagree – it’s got to be either yellow cake with chocolate frosting, or chocolate cake with white frosting. 😉