I had a pretty fantastic long weekend and I hope you did, too. Want to know what I did? Here are 10 things:
- Made summer-y wreaths for my front door and kitchen door.
- Met Blogless Sharon for a delicious sushi lunch. It was great to catch up and we both agreed that we need to do this more often.
3. Dropped Dale off at a band job and then drove to Plymouth to meet Doreen for drinks and apps at 42° North. I’ve been dying to try this restaurant and it’s a pretty good halfway spot for us to meet. We had a wonderful evening at their outside bar, noshing and chatting.
4. Spent a wonderful Saturday afternoon on the deck. Dale and I ran errands early and then got home to just hang out. We drank some beer, played some games, visited with Hannah and her boyfriend Mike, and just chilled. And let me tell you, chilling wasn’t easy because it was HOT. (Please to note, I am NOT complaining.)
5. Ate lobsters. Dale and I got some big ‘uns for our Saturday evening meal. They were sweet and delicious.
6. Attended a local pow wow. I love to listen to the drummers and watch the dancers. It was substantially cooler than Saturday and we really enjoyed the event.
7. Went to Sean and Michael’s for a cook out. They bought a beautiful old home in my town just this past week and I am so thrilled to have them here. Their house is exactly one mile from my house and we had such a great time visiting with them on Sunday. Everything was wonderful and the conversation was even better than the food – which is really saying something because Sean is an incredible cook. I feel so lucky to have expanded my circle of friends.
8. Planted a few more container gardens. I may be done. But probably not. I also got a new bird bath and set up the solar powered fountain Dale got me last Christmas. To see we are extremely entertained by this gadget would be an understatement.
9. Had the kids over for a Memorial Day Cook
Out In. Our holiday weather was not ideal but we made the most of it.
10. Felt blessed. Really, between so much uninterrupted time with Dale, a visit with his dad, wonderful food, time with 2 of my best girlfriends as well as time with new friends and my kids, getting my hands dirty in the garden, chats with my new neighbors, I count myself as an incredibly lucky woman.
What did you do this weekend? Please share a link to your post below. And, as always, if you want to receive the weekly Ten On Tuesday email just click here.