Wouldn’t you know that our very first Ten on the Tenth has fallen on a Thursday? So, today is a combined post for both occasions. Some people are going to be writing about the things they enjoy about the current season. And some people are going to be creating a list of 10 things they enjoy about the current season.
I’m still feeling rather deflated and not very creative so, for me, it’s a list of 10 things I enjoy about fall.
- Low humidity. I’m a well known lover of summer but even I get tired of the humid days. In the fall around here the humidity is generally low and that’s delightful.
- Blue skies. Our skies get so very blue in the fall.
- Changing leaves. Of course this has to be on the list. We have oranges and reds and yellows galore and it’s a real treat to just drive around and admire them.
- Cranberry harvest. I work in an area that is a huge producer of cranberries and seeing them being harvest is a true fall pleasure.
- The return of comfort food. Stews and soups, pot pies, chili, mashed potatoes and biscuits. It’s time for slow braising and all day cooking.
- The first fire in the wood stove. By January I’m done with the mess and work but in October and November it’s a cozy and delightful thing to have a fire.
- Fall decorations. I have a bunch for Halloween but my Thanksgiving ones are my favorite. I bought a new little wooden sign this year that says Get Your Fat Pats Ready and I just love it.
- Fall produce. Apples and pumpkins and pears and all of the delicious and pretty things we do with them.
- Handknit season. It’s time to wear them and it’s time to knit new ones. It’s our time, my friends.
- Boot weather. I have some new boots this year, as you know, and I do love to wear them. Not as much as flip flops but they run a close second.
So, a list of things I love about fall that was pretty easy to write and fun to think about. It may have even improved my mood a tad.
If you wrote a post for this week’s Think Write Thursday or Ten on the Tenth please click the button below to add your link before next Wednesday. If you want to subscribe to the Think Write Thursday weekly email (it’s the only way to get the weekly prompt) please click here. If you want to subscribe to the Ten on the Tenth email please click here.