Here's the email that went out this week: Hey Everyone! We're starting to feel like…
Think Write Thursday/Ten On the Tenth: It’s Fall
Wouldn’t you know that our very first Ten on the Tenth has fallen on a Thursday? So, today is a combined post for both occasions. Some people are going to be writing about the things they enjoy about the current season. And some people are going to be creating a list of 10 things they enjoy about the current season.
I’m still feeling rather deflated and not very creative so, for me, it’s a list of 10 things I enjoy about fall.
- Low humidity. I’m a well known lover of summer but even I get tired of the humid days. In the fall around here the humidity is generally low and that’s delightful.
- Blue skies. Our skies get so very blue in the fall.
- Changing leaves. Of course this has to be on the list. We have oranges and reds and yellows galore and it’s a real treat to just drive around and admire them.
- Cranberry harvest. I work in an area that is a huge producer of cranberries and seeing them being harvest is a true fall pleasure.
- The return of comfort food. Stews and soups, pot pies, chili, mashed potatoes and biscuits. It’s time for slow braising and all day cooking.
- The first fire in the wood stove. By January I’m done with the mess and work but in October and November it’s a cozy and delightful thing to have a fire.
- Fall decorations. I have a bunch for Halloween but my Thanksgiving ones are my favorite. I bought a new little wooden sign this year that says Get Your Fat Pats Ready and I just love it.
- Fall produce. Apples and pumpkins and pears and all of the delicious and pretty things we do with them.
- Handknit season. It’s time to wear them and it’s time to knit new ones. It’s our time, my friends.
- Boot weather. I have some new boots this year, as you know, and I do love to wear them. Not as much as flip flops but they run a close second.
So, a list of things I love about fall that was pretty easy to write and fun to think about. It may have even improved my mood a tad.
If you wrote a post for this week’s Think Write Thursday or Ten on the Tenth please click the button below to add your link before next Wednesday. If you want to subscribe to the Think Write Thursday weekly email (it’s the only way to get the weekly prompt) please click here. If you want to subscribe to the Ten on the Tenth email please click here.
This Post Has 14 Comments
It is our time as knitters! I’ve been happily wearing one of my Hitchhikers almost every day and enjoying the feel of wool flowing through my fingers as I knit in the evening. I’ve never seen cranberries harvested and to be able to watch that in person would be a true fall pleasure!
Oh no — woke up today to realize that Tuesday night was not a nightmarish dream after all.
Let’s hear it for lower humidity and better hair days 🙂 Perfect timing, Carole, for a topic that helps us looks around and see the good things – thank you!
I love everything about fall! Nice boots baby!
Those boots are pretty freaking awesome! And, autumn – my favorite season! Ever!
Oh yes! Better hair days! Sweaters! Crisp dry air! I’m going to look to nature for comfort while I grieve the loss of values I hold dear. My heart will recover as I know yours will ,too.
Oh yes!!! Comfort food.
And a fire in our wood furnace. So cozy!
You might think I would outgrow this, but fall always feels like a new beginning in the middle of the year. That re-energizes me and I get excited anew about getting some things done. I guess 18 years of school, and two teachers for parents are kind of inescapable. In a good way. We shall not speak of that which follows fall. Nope.
Our views on this time of year are very similar, Carole!
I didn’t even think of comfort foods–but of course!
It would be hard to add to this list! Love it!
I bought some little booties a few weeks ago and, shallow as it may be, they are giving me great joy! And comfort food… I’ve made chicken soup a couple of times already. Just mentioned on Bonny’s post that it would be a good time to revisit some of the old ToT lists for comfort food & soups/stews! 😉
I love your pictures of cranberry harvests past. Soup (or stew) will be on the menu this weekend!
a list of all the good things about fall-when it actually gets arrives!
Comments are closed.