I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
Today is my 45th birthday and today’s Ten on Tuesday topic is completely self-serving. Let’s talk about 10 Ways to Have a Happy Birthday . . .
- Be kind to yourself. Remember that your outlook will greatly determine the way your day goes.
- Treat yourself. It’s wonderful to get gifts from friends and family but I’m a firm believer in buying something special for myself, too. Last week I visited the Clinique counter and bought a bunch of new skin care products. Some of them may have even been anti-aging type stuff. Ahem.
- Do what you love. Knit, spin, read, talk on the phone, watch reruns of Grey’s Anatomy – do what makes you happy!
- Be with the people you love. My person is going out tonight but we celebrated last weekend with dinner together and reached a compromise which leads me to
- Eat what you love. I let Dale off the hook for going out this evening by getting him to promise to bring me sushi. Sushi makes me happy.
- Reflect. Think about the year that just passed and the things you’ve done, the times you’ve laughed, the happy memories you’ve made. Remember that the good (almost) always outweighs the bad.
- Plan for the year ahead. Birthdays are kind of like your own personal New Year’s Eve. If you want to change some of the things in your life your birthday is the perfect time to do it.
- Buy yourself some flowers. Fresh flowers in my house makes me really happy.
- Laugh. Find something funny and just laugh. Laughing is so good for you!
- Eat cake. Or a cupcake. Or even a slice of pie. Whatever you choose, put a candle in it and and make a wish and blow out that candle.
Happy Birthday to all of us!