I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
I sometimes feel like we have too many food related topics here on Ten on Tuesday. And yet, when we talk about food, there are more participants, more comments, and more discussion. And so, despite my reservations, this week’s topic is food related. It’s also current events related: 10 Favorite Super Bowl Party Foods.
- My number one favorite thing to eat while watching football is Buffalo Chicken Dip. I use this recipe and it’s the bomb. My friend who is hosting the party we will be attending has informed me she will be making a double batch for this Sunday. I hope it’s enough.
- Second to that dip is chili. You can make it ahead of time, it can be customized and served with all kinds of toppings, and it’s delicious.
- Jambalaya. I like to include chicken, sausage and shrimp. Yummmmm.
- Meatball subs. Seriously, buy frozen meatballs, dump them in a crockpot with jarred spaghetti sauce, wait a couple of hours and they are ready. Serve them on extra fresh sub rolls topped with fresh grated Parmesan cheese and your guests will love you.
- Pulled pork. Another one for the crockpot which makes it idea for a football party.
- Nachos. I think this one is self explanatory.
- Mexican layer dip. I don’t know why football makes me crave Mexican food but it does and that’s that. Pass the tortilla chips, won’t you?
- Deviled eggs. What’s a party without them?
- Whoopie Pies. See the picture up there? Those are the football shaped whoopie pies that I made for the AFC Championship Game. It was a little tricky getting the batter into a football shape but they tasted great.
- Brownies. For the Super Bowl I happen to think they should be cut into shapes with football themed cookie cutters. Just saying.
And now I will say something that will thrill some of you and possible offend some of you but I’m going to say it anyway.