I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
Today’s Ten on Tuesday topic comes from Patty and it’s very timely: Ten Favorite Summer Beverages. Let’s get thirsty!
- Water. A cold glass of water is my favorite thirst quencher, always has been and always will be. If I want to get all fancy I add a slice of lemon. Now, my next favorite thing is mostly made of water and that is
- Beer. There is nothing and I mean nothing like a cold beer on a hot summer afternoon. Don’t judge me but Miller Lite is my favorite for this. However, if I want something fancy I’m going for
- Abita Strawberry Lager. It’s not easy to find around here but Dale managed to procure a case for me through a friend and I will be rationing it out over the course of the summer. When I get tired of plain beer and strawberry beer I like
- Sam Adams Porch Rocker. Beer and lemonade together. Tasty and refreshing. Okay, though, enough about the beer, let’s talk about something a little stronger like
- Margaritas. I make mine very simply: tequila, cointreau and fresh squeeze lime. No sugar, no sour mix (blech), no agave or anything else, just the basics and it is delicious. And potent. So when the time comes for something non-alcoholic I’m a big fan of
- Lemonade. Fresh squeezed lemons, ice cold water and sugar. Deeeee-licious. And if I want lemon flavor with some boozey side effects I’m going for Kim’s favorite a
- Lemontini. I need a good recipe for one, actually, so share in the comments if you’ve got one, please or I’ll be forced to drink cold
- White wine. While I do go back and forth between red and white year round I tend to mostly focus on white in the summer because I like it chilled. If I do drink red in the summer, though, it’s probably going to be
- Sangria. I like it with lots of fruit but not too sweet, please. Finally, when all else is said and done, there is still my favorite thing ever and that is a
- Dirty Grey Goose Martini. It’s a classic for a reason.
And there you have it – my 10 favorite summer beverages. Lots of booze but I’m sure that’s no surprise to any of you given my propensity for boozing it up on a regular basis. How about you? What quenches your thirst? If you wrote a post for today please include your link below and if you’d like to receive the weekly Ten on Tuesday email then please click here.