Happy New Year everyone! I slept a bit late this morning because Dale and I were out partying until the wee hours last night. Heh. Luckily, I planned ahead and I’m ready with a post for today. See, on January 1, 2006, I posted about my finished knits and my goals for the upcoming year. Let’s do something similar today, shall we?
First, my stats for 2006:
18 pairs of socks
2 baby sweaters
3 pairs mitts/mittens
1 beaded bracelet
That’s 57 knitted items in 2006, ten more than I finished in 2005! And, while this is not a race or a contest to see how much I can get done, it’s nice to tally things up and see that I’m beating my own records. You can see photos of almost all of these finished items (there were a few things gifted without being photographed) in the Finished Items 2006 Gallery.
Now that we’ve seen what I actually did, let’s take a look at what I said I would do.
Goals for 2006
1. Knit 12 pairs of socks done
2. Learn to dye roving and yarn done
3. Learn to Navajo Ply. done
4. Knit that cabled vest for Dale whoops
5. Finish the Einstein Coat! abandoned and finally frogged
Hmmm. That’s actually not too bad. I accomplished 3 out of 5 of my goals. But it’s a new year and time for new goals!
Goals for 2007
1. Knit 20 pairs of socks. I knit 18 this year without even trying. I think I can do 20.
2. Knit a Nancy Bush sock pattern. It’s hard to believe, with all the Nancy Bush books I have, that I’ve yet to actually knit one of her sock patterns. This will be the year.
3. Overcome my fear of cables by knitting myself a cabled sweater.
4. Knit a pair of mittens from the book Folk Mittens.
5. Knit that cabled vest for Dale. I’ll give this one more shot but if I don’t do it this year, it’s coming off the list.
I’m excited to get started on these goals although I haven’t decided which will be first. How about you? What are your knitting goals for 2007?