This week’s Ten on Tuesday is 10 Things You Want for Christmas (or Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, etc) but I’m going to do last week’s because I’ve got the Thanksgiving spirit. So, here we have:
10 Things I am Thankful For This Year
1. I am married to a great guy and I have good kids. Being part of a family isn’t always easy but I am never lonely for companionship. We have learned to enjoy each others company and accept each others
faults quirks and I wouldn’t trade any of them for the world.
2. I have a job that I enjoy. My schedule is flexible, my pay is adequate, and my daily work is rewarding. A lot of this is due to the terrific people who work at the library with me and I’m really thankful for them, too.
3. I have a house. We have working plumbing and heating, a nice kitchen with appliances and gadgets, a new roof and enough room for all my stuff. Sure, more closets would be nice, as would central air conditioning and some new furniture and carpeting but I’m pretty content with what we have and I’m thankful to have a place to call home.
4. I have a pretty good and quite abundant collection of yarn and fiber. I’ve even got some Wollmeise winging its way to me thanks to the generosity of a friend. If I had to stop buying stuff tomorrow I think I could carry on with what I already have for a nice long time.
5. I am thankful for my pets. Okay, mostly I am thankful for the cat, but the dog is okay, too.
6. I am thankful for my laptop and the ease with which I can stay in touch with my cyber friends, update this here blog, go on Ravelry, Tastespotting, google.
7. I have really great friends. There’s all of you, of course, plus some terrific women that I’m so lucky to have in my life. I’d be lost without them and I hope they know that.
8. I attended my fair share of fiber festivals this year. Some were day trips and some were whole weekends and all of them were wonderful.
9. I am thankful for finally learning how to brew a delicious pot of tea. I have expanded my palate and love for tea into a whole new world and I’m really glad about it.
10. I got a fabulous camera this year. I’m still learning and collecting lenses (I have a feeling that goes on forever) and taking classes but I’m just really thankful for this new way of expressing myself through photography.
It’s the season for thankfulness and it feels good.