I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
Ten on Tuesday
This week’s Ten on Tuesday is 10 Things You Want for Christmas (or Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, etc) but I’m going to do last week’s because I’ve got the Thanksgiving spirit. So, here we have:
10 Things I am Thankful For This Year
1. I am married to a great guy and I have good kids. Being part of a family isn’t always easy but I am never lonely for companionship. We have learned to enjoy each others company and accept each others
faults quirks and I wouldn’t trade any of them for the world.
2. I have a job that I enjoy. My schedule is flexible, my pay is adequate, and my daily work is rewarding. A lot of this is due to the terrific people who work at the library with me and I’m really thankful for them, too.
3. I have a house. We have working plumbing and heating, a nice kitchen with appliances and gadgets, a new roof and enough room for all my stuff. Sure, more closets would be nice, as would central air conditioning and some new furniture and carpeting but I’m pretty content with what we have and I’m thankful to have a place to call home.
4. I have a pretty good and quite abundant collection of yarn and fiber. I’ve even got some Wollmeise winging its way to me thanks to the generosity of a friend. If I had to stop buying stuff tomorrow I think I could carry on with what I already have for a nice long time.
5. I am thankful for my pets. Okay, mostly I am thankful for the cat, but the dog is okay, too.
6. I am thankful for my laptop and the ease with which I can stay in touch with my cyber friends, update this here blog, go on Ravelry, Tastespotting, google.
7. I have really great friends. There’s all of you, of course, plus some terrific women that I’m so lucky to have in my life. I’d be lost without them and I hope they know that.
8. I attended my fair share of fiber festivals this year. Some were day trips and some were whole weekends and all of them were wonderful.
9. I am thankful for finally learning how to brew a delicious pot of tea. I have expanded my palate and love for tea into a whole new world and I’m really glad about it.
10. I got a fabulous camera this year. I’m still learning and collecting lenses (I have a feeling that goes on forever) and taking classes but I’m just really thankful for this new way of expressing myself through photography.
It’s the season for thankfulness and it feels good.
This Post Has 36 Comments
I’m majorly thankful for you in my life. xoxo
I meant to ask how your photog classes went. I hope you had a good time and learned some good tips.
Nice list. Happy Thanksgiving!
I know we talked about it at Ravelry but I can’t remember if you got a Nikon or a Canon. For my Canon I LOVE this fixed lens and it’s cheap:
Wonderful list. You are on mine too! Happy Thanksgiving – from my home to the place where it all started!!
That was a lovely list, Carole.
Very thankful for your friendship! Super list.
There is much to be thankful for!
What a nice list…so much in our lives to be thankful for! Tell me more about your photography class? I am considering an online one.
What Kathy and Manise said. You’re right, it feels good to be thankful, and to have so much to be thankful for.
I am thankful for you!
Thanks for reminding me (on a very cranky morning) how much I to be thankful for as well.
It’s always nice to remember the good things and especially the good people in our lives. Your blog has become a regular part of my morning routine.
What a great list! What kind of photography class are you taking?
What a wonderful list. 🙂 I am thankful that I don’t *need* anything for Christmas. Not being able to come up with items for a list must mean I am doing alright.
What a great list. I’m thankful for my family, friends and faith–and all the rest is just a mountain of blessings! Happy Thanksgiving!
That is such a great list. I’m feeling really thankful right now too because of a certain call that Bruce just got. My superstitious side refuses to say more ’till all the i’s are dotted and the t’s are crossed but… yay!
A great list. It’s good to have a reminder from time to time. Things could be much worse.
That’s a great list!
I’m glad you did this list instead. I like the focus on thankfulness rather than want. Thank you!
Thank YOU for being you…and I enjoyed your list!
you have a lot to be thankful for! it’s nice to take a step back and reflect and remember that every now and then.
Wonderful list! Tis the season to be thankful for everything we have…
And, I am thankful that I met you and that you and your blog are a part of my life.
so much to be thankful for.
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday – we all just eat, and sit around enjoying our many blessings. what more does anyone need!
Great list. We all have a lot to be thankful for.
We all have so much to be thankful for – thank YOU for reminding us.
Lens collecting. Yeah, I know a little something about that!
What a lovely list.
Tell us your secret about the pot of tea. I’ve definitely noticed that some people have a way to brew the perfect cup of tea and I’ve always been curious about that.
Happy Thanksgiving to you, Dale, Hannah, and your gang!
Happy Turkey Day to you and your clan! It’s easy for forget our own abundance in the day-to-day existence. Thanks for the reminders!
Great list – Happy Thanksgiving!
Great list, Carole. Happy Thanksgiving.
Great list. Happy Thanksgiving.
That’s a great list!
Comments are closed.