This week’s Ten on Tuesday is 10 Signs that You’re Getting Older. Hmmm. This could be depressing. But it’s what I’ve got so let’s have at it.
1. Thinning hair. I think this might be an illusion because my hairdresser says my hair isn’t any different than it’s ever been. But it feels different to me.
2. Aches and pains. Getting out of bed in the morning just takes a little longer now.
3. Speaking my mind. This is a definite benefit of getting older. I know what I think and I’m not afraid to say it out loud.
4. Making more money. Even in a recession, I’m making more as I get older. This is not a bad thing at all.
5. Knowing what I like. This is a lot like speaking my mind.
6. Gravity and it’s effects. You know what I mean.
7. Crow’s feet. Frown lines. Call ’em laugh lines if you want but we all know that they are just wrinkles.
8. Increasing cholesterol. I’ve been recently put on notice about this. Bring on the dietary changes and exercise or bring on the drugs. Ick!
9. Learning a new skill takes longer. See my recent venture into crochet. I’ve completely forgotten everything Maryse taught me.
10. Drinking good booze. High end vodka, top shelf tequila, single malt scotch. There is an upside to getting older!
I guess it’s not all bad after all.