So this week’s Ten on Tuesday is 10 Awesome Bands. I’m not sure if I can name 10 awesome bands so instead I’m going to write a list of the bands I’ve seen in concert. Mmm’kay?
1. Rush. This was my high school boyfriend’s favorite band. I saw them several times.
2. Ozzy Osbourne. Yup. Right at the time that he supposedly bit the head off of a dove. I still can’t believe my mother let me go.
3. AC/DC. I went when I was in college. Turns out, Dale was at the same concert – with his son. You know he’s a bit older than me, right?
4. Jethro Tull. Nothing says fun like an electric flute and men in tights.
5. Yes. Actually, when I saw them they were in the middle of a lawsuit and couldn’t use the name Yes. They were called Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe.
6. Black Sabbath. I bet this one’s a shocker, too.
7. Billy Joel. I sat in the 8th row. It was fantastic.
8. Alan Jackson. A bit more mellow than most of these other shows, that’s for sure.
9. Jimmy Buffett. We’ve been twice and we’re going for our 3rd time next month. Woot!
10. Dale and the Duds. This is Dale’s band. I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve seen them. And yes, I think they are awesome.