The theme for Ten on Tuesday this week is 10 Favorite Movie/Song remakes. Hmm. This may take some thinking. And some googling.
1. Little Women. Katherine Hepburn was good but Wynona Ryder was even better.
2. The Fly. Special effects improved an awful lot in the years following the original. And Vincent Price just doesn’t do it for me.
3. Invasion of the Body Snatchers. This is one of the first scary movies I ever saw in the theater. I couldn’t sleep for weeks.
4. Father of the Bride. It’s hard to think that Steve Martin could improve on Spencer Tracey but I sort of do.
5. Scarface. I had to include this for my stepdaughter, Jessica. It’s her favorite movie of all time.
6. Good Lovin’. I really prefer The Grateful Dead to The Beatles on this one.
7. Dancin’ in the Streets. I love Van Halen. I just can’t help myself.
8. LaBamba. Dale will have my head for this one but I like the Los Lobos version better than Ritchie Valens’ original.
9. Live and Let Die. Guns ‘n Roses nailed it.
10. Smokin’ in the Boy’s Room. Brownsville Station was good but Motley Crue rocked it.
There you have it. 5 movies, 5 songs. Not an easy list to write, I tell you.