Guess who wore his Civil War uniform for a meeting the other day? I couldn’t resist hauling out the camera for a photo or two.
The off-topic topic this week is 10 Household Tasks You’ve Been Avoiding. I have an ulterior motive for this one – I’m going to use this as my “to do” list for the next few weeks. I’m hoping that putting these things out in the blogging universe will keep me focused. Here we go:
- Clean up the bedroom closet. The new shelves we installed last year are working great but things have gotten messy in there and I need to go in and straighten up and reorganize a bit.
- Paint an accent wall in the kitchen. We’ve got white walls and I love them but there’s one wall that I’d like to paint a sunny yellow. It won’t take much time so I just need to DO IT.
- Organize the pantry cupboard in the mudroom. I tend to buy stuff and stick it in there and then I forget about it. A little inventory is in order.
- Take photos of yarn. Okay, technically this isn’t a household task but it sort of is because I don’t put new yarn away until I’ve photographed it and entered it into Ravelry. Right now all the yarn I’ve bought recently is in a basket on the floor in our home office. Time to photograph it and put it on the yarn shelves.
- Straighten up the craft room. Christmas wrapping paper is still out, empty boxes are on the floor, yarn is spilling out of baskets. It’s a mess in there and it’s time to do something about it.
- Pick out a window treatment for the dining room. Right now I’ve got a plain sheer up there because I just can’t decide what I want. Time to make a decision already.
- Clear out the clutter in the mudroom. It needs to get warmer before I can tackle this one, though!
- Wash the windows. I’m hoping I can bribe Hannah to do this one.
- Get a center piece for the dining room table. See #6.
- Go through the coat rack and donate the ones we don’t wear anymore. I meant to do this before Christmas and it completely slipped my mind. It’s still cold here, though, and I know the shelters are full of people so I’m hoping my coats can still make a difference.
And there you have it. Just writing this stuff down has helped me feel more organized!