Do you think the official Ten on Tuesday blog is officially defunct? There hasn’t been an updated topic since January 12th. Hmmm. Anyway, this week the renegades and I are listing our 10 Favorite Places To Knit. I should time myself and see just how fast I can write this one.
- The couch. I don’t know if this is my favorite place to knit but it’s definitely the place where I knit most often.
- The car. Only if I’m a passenger, of course.
- Work. There’s nothing like knitting a row or 2 on a sock while waiting for a software upgrade or while stuck on a long telephone call. Of course I never knit at work when I’m supposed to be working.
- The beach. This is probably my favorite place in the world to knit. Too bad I can’t do it more often.
- Waiting rooms. People always tell me they don’t have the patience to knit. I say that I knit because I am terribly impatient. Knitting makes you glad to wait.
- My deck. I can watch the hummingbirds (in season, of course) and keep an eye on Dale while he’s doing the yard work.
- Anywhere with a friend. Being with a friend and knitting is one of my favorite things to do and it doesn’t matter where we are.
- Airplanes. Nothing passes the time flying faster than spending time with my knitting.
- Knitting group. The library knitting group has gotten sort of inactive lately. I’m hoping spring will revitalize this group because I miss knitting with my ladies.
- Anywhere. Really, I always have my knitting with me so anywhere I’m knitting is my favorite place to be.
Great list! One of my favorite places is on my garden bench in the Spring or early summer listening to the birds and being amongst the flowers. Also sitting in a really tall green patch of lawn before it’s been mowed is lovely too.
Great list – couldn’t disagree with any of them! It’s funny how many people make the comment about being “too impatient to knit.” I especially enjoy it when it is said condescendingly, as though I suffer from a character flaw!
I think if I wrote a list of favorite knitting places, it would look a lot like your list (except for the deck, but only because I don’t have one. If I did, I’m sure I’d love to knit there).
Long time no see from one of your library knitters. Glad that you are feeling better. I am really, really going to try to be there next Tuesday.
Anywhere your knitting there you’ll find home. Can’t wait to knit outdoors again!
“The renegades” – LOL! Great list – love your #10!
Great list. I knit at Disneyland and that was fun. Dwarfs walk around this place, and people were giving me odd looks?!
(love Nora’s comment above).
Love the list Carole and I’m with you on all of it! Though I’m a little bit of a spaz to knit at the beach!
Ahhhh, your tulips are a much-needed breath of spring on a snowy February day! What a great topic 🙂 Since I’m new to knitting, I have a much smaller list, LOL! So far, I have my big comfy chair, in bed (while watching TV w/ hubby), and at Carole’s house. I need to learn to knit w/ the circular needles I bought so I can be more portable w/ my knitting 🙂
I’m always amazed at people who say, “I just don’t have the time to knit.” I wonder if they have any idea that they just insulted me by implying that I must not have anything better to do with my time than sit in my rocker and knit the day away. ;o)
Great list – we do have a lot in common, go figure! haha
I agree.. anywhere. (and I chuckled at the no knitting when you are supposed to be working!. heh heh.. of course we don’t!)
I would add restaurants while waiting for food to arrive.
gale (she shoots sheeps shots) says
Beach knitting is the best. Especially late afternoon, right by the edge of the surf, with a happy hour drink with lots of ice, or a glass of wine, dug into the sand next to your beach chair.
(hm, does it sound like I know what I am talking about?)
I love your list. I am with you 100% on the patience/impatience issue! I could never just sit in a doctor’s office (or anywhere else for that matter) and just wait without becoming crazed if I didn’t have some knitting in my hands…proven when I have had to for one reason or another.
Love the list! I never mind when the doctor is “running a little late today” as long as I have knitting with me. When else do I get to knit in the middle of the afternoon! And I never go to the airport without knitting.
I have to do this one! (Respect, respect, I bow before thee, O Clever Inventor of ToT Themes Mostly Knitting-Related.) I am so totally with you on #5. I even sit serenely at the Registry, waiting for hours for my number to be called (the Registry is *so much better* since they came up with the number thing), knitting away. Which reminds me, I think I need to get my license renewed this week.
Love your list!
I knit on the commute train, too — makes it seem like a much shorter trip, and often there will be other knitters and we wave hello and smile, then get back to our knitting.
You ever see the poem, I take my knitting everywhere, by Socka Khan? Originally posted on the old yahoo sheepthrills list.
Great list! I love knitting on the deck, too. One of my other favorite knitting places is during meetings, but only if I am in the audience.
kathy b says
I am going to try out #4………..at your suggestion of course!
I hope you’re feeling like yourself today.
Great list, Carole! Thank you for coming up with another topic.