You ever have one of those free weekends? The kind where you need somewhere to go or something to do? And you know there are places you’ve been meaning to go but now that you have the free time you just can’t remember what those places are? Well today’s Ten on Tuesday post is all about that. Because sometimes we need a list to remind us of the 10 Places We’ve Been Meaning to Visit.
- Historic Deerfield. Yankee Candle for me, history for Dale. That’s a win/win.
- The Isabella Stewart Gardiner Museum. I haven’t been since the big heist in 1990 and Dale has never been at all so this is way overdue.
- JFK Library. I worked for a caterer and we did an event there years ago but that’s it so it’s time for an official visit.
- Sandwich Glass Museum. There’s a nice tea shop nearby, too.
- Peabody Essex Museum. This is recently remodeled and I know we’d both enjoy it.
- Fruitlands. I read about this in Yankee magazine and I want to visit this spring.
- Providence Place. I’m not much for shopping malls but I hear awesome things about this place.
- Webs. I have still never been. Can you believe it?
- Nantucket. Dale is reading In the Heart of the Sea by Nathaniel Philbrick right now so he’s all psyched for a trip to the island.
- Portland, ME. We went there for a wedding several years back and we’ve been meaning to go for a weekend alone ever since. Maybe this summer?
That’s my list. Let’s hope that Dale takes all those hints.