We spent some time hanging around a campground last weekend and hope to do it again this weekend. Hence, the inspiration for this week’s topic: 10 Things To Bring On A Camping Trip.
- A tent. Or shelter of some sort. We used to have a camper but those days are over, at least for now.
- Bedding. We have a self-inflating mattress that’s pretty comfortable once you throw some padding (i.e. sleeping bags) on top of it.
- Your bathing suit. I have no interest in camping somewhere if there isn’t a body of water.
- A fishing rod. See #3.
- Beer. Duh.
- Food. This should include things you made ahead of time at home, like potato salad or macaroni salad. It is also imperative that there be hot dogs and the ingredients for s’mores.
- Games. We’re big on cards but other games like Catch Phrase and Apples to Apples are fun,too.
- Books. My Kindle is perfect for camping – I never have to worry about not having something to read.
- Knitting, spinning or other craft projects. I think this is pretty self-explanatory.
- Your sense of adventure! Camping is fun and relaxing – so long as you go with the flow.
I can’t wait to go camping again!