I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
This week’s topic came from my dear daughter, Hannah. I started with 10 Favorite Christmas Specials but decided there aren’t enough for any real variety and then Hannah said there are great holiday movies, too, and then she said these magic words: 10 Favorite Holiday Shows. Perfect!
- Santa Claus Is Coming To Town. This has been my favorite since I was a little girl. I like that it explains everything about Santa Claus in a way that makes sense. Well, you know what I mean. And I love the song “Put One Foot in Front of the Other.”
- Year Without a Santa Claus. Who can resist the charms of the Heat Miser and the Snow Miser?
- How The Grinch Stole Christmas. You’re a mean one, Mr. Grinch. And I named my first cat, Max, after the Grinch’s dog.
- Elf. I can watch this one over and over. Santa! I know him!!
- Borrowed Hearts. Anyone remember this movie with Roma Downey and Eric McCormack? He hires Roma and her little girl to pretend to be his family and, of course, they fall in love and live happily ever after. It’s corny and I love it.
- It’s A Wonderful Life. It’s a classic for a reason.
- The Polar Express. I can’t watch it without drinking hot chocolate.
- Christmas With the Kranks. Gotta have that Hickory Honey Ham!
- Christmas vacation. Nobody puts up Christmas lights like Clarke Griswold.
- Christmas Story. You’ll shoot your eye out, kid!
I really enjoy a variety of Christmas specials, from the silly to the classic to the sappy. It wouldn’t be the holidays without ’em.