My annual Grrl’s Weekend, affectionately called SPA, is coming up this weekend. This week’s topic, 10 Favorite Cocktails (or mocktails for those so inclined) was definitely inspired by the thought of hanging with my best knitting and spinning friends, sipping cocktails, and relaxing.
- My favorite of all cocktails is a Dirty Grey Goose Martini. I read about this drink in a novel years ago and knew I had to try it. I haven’t looked back since.
- Cosmopolitan. Sex and the City made it famous for a good reason.
- Along those same lines, I love a good Pomtini. Switch out the cranberry juice in the Cosmo for pomegranate juice and you’ve got yourself a delicious alternative. With antioxidants.
- Pass me a Margarita. Lots of tequila and not a lot of ice, that’s how I roll.
- How about a Mai Tai? It’s especially delicious with sushi.
- Malibu Rum and Pineapple Juice. I also add a splash of cranberry juice and orange juice. My stepdaughter Jessica, and I always drink these on our summer vacation on Cape Cod.
- Whiskey Sour. This is my go-to drink if I go to a band job with Dale and it’s at a VFW. They don’t make great Cosmos or Martinis there but they can rock the Whiskey Sour.
- Bloody Mary. I like mine with a lot of celery and some shrimp, too. Breakfast of champions, my friends.
- Spicy Lover. I had this in Vegas and I loved it so I came home and figured out how to make it. I haven’t had one in a while, though, and I’m having a crrrrrrraving.
- Mojito. I have mint growing in my herb garden and there’s nothing better than sipping a yummy mojito on the deck on a hot summer afternoon.
It’s slightly embarassing how easy it was to write this list. Everything in moderation, though, and it’s all good.