Last week Kym asked “how do YOU know it’s fall?” Well. I know because of routines and weather and feelings. I know because:
- I cut off my friendship bracelets. I’ve been wearing these since early July but they seem a little frivolous for the month of September.
- the alarm clock is once again waking us up at 5am. Dale is back to driving the little darlins to school and that means I’m back to riding to work with him. It saves gas but that doesn’t make it much more palatable.
- I have needed a jacket when leaving the house at 6am. I may have actually needed a jacket at 6am earlier than now but since it was summer I didn’t have to leave the house that flipping early, therefore the temperature at 6am was irrelevant.
- There are loads of ads for new TV shows. And teasers for returning shows. There’s a lot of overkill where this is concerned.
- We are empty nesters again. We have already gone to the movies twice and are enjoying our relaxed scheduled but it’s definitely a sign that it’s fall.
- Boy Scouts is starting. This means I get my Monday nights back, something I love.
- Football is back. Now that I like football I actually care about this and the Patriots are playing their first regular season game tonight. Are you ready for some football? I sure am!