I’m so excited about this week’s Ten on Tuesday topic: 10 Good Deeds You Did This Week. It was fun to try and think of good deeds to do each day and I’m hoping that this week is just the start of many more good deeds to come. Here’s my list – or at least, here’s the things I remember that I did.
- Clipped Dale’s toenails for him. If you’ve ever seen his feet you know that this was a gigantic good deed.
- Let someone go in front of me while in line at CVS. She had 2 things and I had 5 and she was most appreciative.
- Donated to the local food pantry. Our supplies are so low right now and it’s no big deal for me to grab an extra jar or two of peanut butter and put it on the shelf.
- Held the door for everyone. I mean everyone. Everywhere. It was a conscious effort and it felt good.
- Talked a friend through a difficult situation. Game some good advice that was well received.
- Tipped generously. I do this regularly and it feels good.
- Spoke to the farmer at our CSA and told him how much we have been enjoining our weekly shares this season.
- Thanked an employee who has been going above and beyond for weeks now. Told her how great she is doing and how much I appreciate her extra efforts.
- Helped Dale load the car when we came home from our weekend away. I know this doesn’t sound like much but usually I just let him do all of this by himself. With my new attitude on life and movement I decided that was laaaazy of me and since I am strong and capable I can carry my own bags and other stuff outside and put it in the car.
- Baked brownies for the homeless. Okay, I didn’t actually do this last week but I do it once a month for our Kiwanis club and I’m taking some credit here.
It felt good to be mindful of my actions and good deeds. Can’t wait to read what you all have done, too!