Everybody loves pizza, right? From plain cheese to a special with all the works it’s a fast, delicious and portable meal, even if it is loaded with calories. And salt. And fat. Okay, so it’s not something I eat as often as I used to but still, I love it and that’s why this week our Ten on Tuesday topic is 10 Favorite Pizza Toppings.
(so I don’t have any pictures of pizza but I do have pictures of beer – and what goes better with pizza than beer??)
- Peppers and Onions. My all time favorite but only if they are diced up small, not left in long strips. If you want to make it extra special add some crumbled linguica.
- Fresh mozzarella, fresh tomatoes and basil. My second favorite, I think.
- Sausage. I’m not a fan of pepperoni (too greasy for me) but I do love sausage.
- Mushrooms. I like them by themselves but I love them when combined with sausage.
- Black olives. Also great by themselves but especially good when combined with mushrooms. Are you getting the sense that I’m a big fan of 2-way pizza combos?
- Buffalo Chicken. This is one that Dale often gets and I enjoy a slice of it but I wouldn’t want to make it my whole meal.
- Chicken, Bacon, and Ranch Dressing. We had this on vacation this summer and it was bomb. So good!
- Spinach and Feta cheese. I prefer this one without tomatoes. So good and different, too.
- Fig and Goat cheese. I had this combination at an upscale pizza place a few years ago and I loved it. No one else in my family would go near something like this, though, so I’m on my own here.
- Bacon. Because everything is better with bacon!
Can’t wait to see what you all love on your pizza. Don’t forget to leave a link to your post if you’re playing along. And if you want to sign up to receive Ten On Tuesday emails click here.