Let’s Make Candy 2012

This weekend was all about making candy. You see, it’s still a little early for cookies. But candy? Candy lasts a while – well, if no one eats it – and that’s why this was a good weekend for making candy.

I made:

homemade peppermint patties

toffee with chocolate and sea salt

dark chocolate truffles

and

homemade caramels.

I recommend them ALL.

Comments

Those all look yummy! I spent yesterday making cookies for DH’s customers. After 30 dozen chocolate chip cookies I’m ready to make something different! Thanks for the recipe links :-)

2. Geri says

Peppermint patties sound wonderful! Now I need to figure out how many people I can gift the yummy treats too.

Christmas candy is a childhood memory. My mother made caramels, divinity (pink peppermint), fudge, toffee and red popcorn balls. Then the baking began. I can’t even list everything she made. We did not want for sweets, although most of the candy was made for gifts. Nice work, Carole! Thank you for bringing back one of my favorite memories of Christmas.

sigh….homemade caramels!

We used to made fudge before we fought so hard to lose weight, but probably not this year. I have to be an abstainer, and not a moderator. If it’s here, I eat it.

5. Robby says

Must NOT make the toffee. Must NOT make the toffee. Or I’ll hide it all for myself. Yep, I’m that kinda girl.

You’re a naughty, naughty lady to tempt us like this. Santa and the elves are keeping their eye on you!

They all look gorgeous–all that decadent sweetness in one place. I think I gained a pound just looking at the pictures!

8. Kathode Ray Tube says

I can recommend that toffee. Thanks for the recipe Carole! My husband is making it this week.

I am not clicking on even one link…nope…you can’t make me. if I do, I will want to make them all and you know who will eat them all? Me! (of course I am going to click on each link..lol)
    xoxo