St. Patrick’s Day is coming and even though I’m not Irish I still like to celebrate this holiday. I love corned beef and cabbage and some good Irish whiskey. I also love the color green and in honor of the upcoming holiday, today’s Ten on Tuesday topic is 10 Favorite Things That Are Green.
- Money. I know this makes me materialistic but I like to pay my bills. And buy things. Money sure helps with all of that.
- Leaves. My favorite green in the whole world is the green of tiny new maple leaves. It’s bright and beautiful and it makes me very happy.
- Grass. Right now our grass is covered with snow and I’d sure like that snow to melt so I can see the green grass underneath.
- Limes. I especially like them when they are floating around in some tequila.
- Green vegetables. I could list these all separately and be done with this list right now but I won’t. I will say that my favorite green veggies include broccoli, spinach, asparagus, Brussels sprouts, artichokes, peas and celery.
- My dining room. I love the olive green paint on the walls.
- House plants. They really freshen up a room.
- Basil. Other herbs, too, but especially basil.
- Handknit socks. One of my favorite pairs of socks I’ve ever knit are my green Loksins.
- Leprechauns. Especially if one should happen to lead me to a pot of gold. See #1.
And there you have it, my favorite things that are green. If you wrote a Ten on Tuesday post be sure and include your blog link below. And if you want to receive the Ten on Tuesday topic email every Monday just click here to subscribe.