Our big trip to Mexico is right around the corner. It’s so close, in fact, that we have already started packing. I don’t know about you but when I am getting ready to go somewhere I make a list of everything I need and I check things off as I add them to my suitcase. I always worry that I will forget something and I usually do forget at least one thing. If I’m being completely honest I will admit that I actually feel better when I remember the one thing that I forgot because then I don’t worry about forgetting anything. Sometimes it’s a bus full of crazy in my head, people. Anyway. Today’s Ten on Tuesday topic is completely inspired by the fact that packing is on my brain and that’s why I’m making a list of 10 Things I Always Bring on Vacation.
- Clothes. This is a no brainer, right? I almost didn’t even include this on the list because it’s so easy it feels like cheating.
- Knitting. Of course I spend lots of time deciding what knitting to bring. Socks are great for air travel (can I bring my knitting needles on an international flight?) and they are good for beach knitting, too, but sometimes something of a more challenging nature is also in order. Decisions, decisions.
- My camera. And lenses. The decisions on which lenses to bring is almost as agonizing as the decisions about what knitting to bring.
- My iPhone. Okay, so traveling internationally means I won’t be making lots of calls or sending lots of texts but I still can’t imagine not having my iPhone. I’d feel completely lost without it.
- My iPad. In the old days my list would always include books but now I just pack my iPad (and it’s charger) and I’ve got all the books I need thanks to the Kindle app.
- My L.L. Bean toiletry bag. I keep this stocked with pain relievers, travel sized tooth paste and deodorant, a tooth brush, ear plugs (Dale snores) and more. I have to put in my make up but everything else is already in there and ready to go.
- Jewelry. I’ve been told not to wear my diamond engagement ring and diamond wedding band on this trip but I will be still be bringing earrings and necklaces for accessorizing.
- Handknits. For this trip I’m packing a lightweight lace shawl. On other trips I have brought socks, mittens, hats and more. If I’m going somewhere so are my handknits!
- Candles. I always have a small scented candle in my bag. Nothing spells romance like a little candle light.
- Identification. Must remember my passport. Must remember my passport. Must remember my passport.
I’ll be reading your lists carefully this week, hoping that they will prompt me to remember everything I need to pack! Please click the button below to add a link to your post.