I printed out all of the comments and then cut all those comments into strips. I also made an extra comment strip for each of the bloggers who linked to their Ten on Tuesday posts. My basket was very full when I closed my eyes, reached in, and pulled out:
Kat from Purl of a Girl! Congratulations to Kat and thank you all for participating in the contest.
Okay, onward. Since we’re already on the topic, this week, let’s talk about the thing that brings us all together: knitting! Here are the Ten Reasons Why I Knit:
- I enjoy it. This is the obvious one, right?
- It keeps my brain engaged. Getting completely absorbed in a complicated knitting project is a great way to work the brain.
- It can be easy. There’s nothing like a tried and true pattern that you’ve knit over and over again.
- It can also be challenging. Then again, there’s nothing like a challenging lace shawl, too.
- It passes the time. I never mind waiting at the doctor’s office or waiting in line or waiting in the car because I always have something to do while I’m waiting.
- It reduces stress. There’s nothing quite as soothing as endless stockinette when I’m stressed.
- Hand knits make great gifts. I’m not someone who knits for Christmas but I believe very strongly in knitting for birthdays.
- I never get bored. There are so many patterns and so many beautiful yarns out there and there’s always something new to knit.
- It keeps my hands occupied so I’m not, say, eating when I’m not hungry.
- I love handknit things. Sweaters, socks, shawls, you name it, I love them all!