I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
Yesterday I read this blog post and it totally inspired me to come up with this week’s Ten on Tuesday topic: 10 Favorite Things To Bring on a Picnic. Because, really, who doesn’t love a picnic? And picnic weather is upon us, my friends! So, let’s go on a picnic.
- Dale. Okay, he’s not a thing but I wouldn’t want to go on a picnic without him.
- My Longaberger Picnic Basket. Way back, a million years ago, I fell in love with this basket but there was no way I could afford $100 to buy it back then. So I had my first Longaberger party just so I could get it. It has served me well ever since.
- One of my handmade quilts. They are meant to be used, to be thrown on the ground and snuggled up in and all other manners abuse. I can always make more.
- Fried chicken. Greasy and messy but absolutely my favorite thing to eat on a picnic.
- Potato salad. It goes so perfectly with #3.
- Brownies. The perfect picnic desert – chocolate, fabulous and portable.
- Beer and wine. The choice between these would depend on the time of year and time of day. Wine for late in the season and day, beer for a hot summer afternoon. I’m sure you get the idea.
- Berries. Strawberries, blackberries, raspberries – they are the perfect picnic snack.
- My mini ipod speaker. I got this to bring to Mexico and it’s perfect for portable music. And what’s a picnic without some romantic music?
- A book. Maybe poetry, maybe prose, something we could read aloud to each other.
I’m ready now – let’s go!