The other day Cheryl posted about a couple of her favorite kitchen gadgets and I immediately thought, “ah HA! A Ten on Tuesday topic!” And so, here we go with this new topic 10 Favorite Kitchen Gadgets.
- Pie crust wheel. Nothing makes a lattice pie crust look prettier than a nice crimped edge.
- Garlic press. So much less messy than mincing the garlic with a knife.
- Easy Accent Decorator. Deviled eggs are filled quickly and cleanly – hooray!
- Long handled tongs. I use them for everything – turning foods, picking up steaming ears of corn, tossing spaghetti and more.
- Towel Rack. I hate having kitchen towels on the counter or draped over the handle of the stove. My wooden towel rack (pictured above, actually) is mounted in a very convenient location and I love it.
- Microplane grater. Lemon zest and lemon zest and shaved Parmesan cheese in a snap.
- Citrus squeezer. The best for fresh squeezed lime (or lemon!) juice – makes pico de gallo so fast and easy.
- Steamer basket. I use it constantly for fresh veggies.
- Adjustable measuring cup. The one I have is buy Pampered Chef and you push the inner tube up and it forces the food out. It’s great for peanut butter and shortening.
- Kitchen shears. Like the tongs, I use them for everything from cutting up chicken and pizza to cutting lengths of string. And then I throw them in the dishwasher. Perfect.
How about you? What are your favorite kitchen gadgets? Make sure you add your link below if you wrote a post for Ten on Tuesday this week. If you want Ten on Tuesday emails every Monday then click here to sign up.