There’s something truly wonderful about an unexpected day off – a day off during the week when you don’t have an appointment or a commitment or anything except a wonderful day to spend doing whatever you want. Here are the 10 Things I Love To Do When I Get an Unexpected Day Off:
- Knit, knit, knit.
- Catch up on TV. This goes hand in hand with #1.
- Read. It’s nice to have some daylight hours for reading since usually my reading time is reserved for when I climb into bed at night. And then I fall asleep before I read very much.
- Cook something yummy for dinner – something like a pot roast or a chicken that I can start at 3:00 and then forget about until dinner time. It makes the house smell fantastic, too.
- Bake. A day off is a great chance to bake some cookies for the people I love.
- Exercise without hurrying. I love that I can extend my walk to include a longer distance because I don’t have to get to work or get home to make dinner or get to a meeting.
- Snuggle with the cat. Mason loves it when we have couch time together.
- Organize something. Even on a day off I feel guilty if I’m completely indulgent so I like to include a bit of time to organize a drawer or put some things away.
- Take photos. Process photos. The time is quickly approaching where I’m not home during daylight hours and that makes photography a bit of a challenge. I love being home in the afternoon when the light is perfect.
- Peruse Pinterest. I love finding inspiration for home improvement, redecorating, crafting and cooking.
Those are the things I love to do when I’m home from work. How about you? If you wrote a post on today’s topic be sure and add your link below. And if you want to subscribe to the Ten on Tuesday email list just click here.