Daylight Savings Time ended here last weekend and that’s something that affects most of us, I’m sure. As always, the time change is an adjustment and I’ve been thinking about it a lot and that led to this week’s Ten on Tuesday topic: Ten Thoughts on Daylight Savings Time.
- It’s definitely easier when we turn the clocks back in November and Daylight Savings Time ends than it is in March when it begins.
- That extra hour on this particular Sunday was quite welcome since Dale and I were away. The day seemed nice and long and that was pretty sweet.
- I leave for work at 6:30am and I am now driving to work in daylight – which I like – but
- I will miss seeing the sunrise over the cranberry bogs.
- I do not like that it is dark so early now.
- Especially since that darkness makes it really hard to get outside for a run/walk after work.
- Going to the gym is only slightly easier because I like coming home and getting cozy and tucked in for the night by 5pm.
- Studies show that there is an increase in heart attacks and accidents the Monday after we change the clocks.
- Studies also show that we don’t really conserve any energy by observing Daylight Savings Time.
- This makes me wonder why we continue with the practice.
What do you think about Daylight Savings Time? If you wrote a post about today’s topic, don’t forget to add your link below. And if you want to subscribe to the Ten on Tuesday email list just click here.