Today’s Ten On Tuesday topic comes from Dale. It was unsolicited and he just sort of came up with it all on his own. You’re going to laugh at this one – ready? Our topic is 10 Things You Can Do Yourself But You Get Your Husband To Do Instead. Told ya it would make you laugh. I’ve told you before but this seems like an appropriate time to share the division of labor in our household. If it’s heavy, outside or yucky then it’s Dale’s job. And let me tell you, yucky covers a multitude. Here are the 10 things I get him to do (whenever possible, anyway) even though I can do them myself.
- Paint. Ceilings, walls, furniture – honestly Dale is just better at this than I am.
- Make the bed. Sometimes it’s the only thing that motivates me to get up on time.
- Change the cat litter. Definitely yucky.
- Scoop the dog poop. See #3.
- Rake the leaves. This falls under the outside rule.
- Shovel snow. See #5.
- Clean up cat throw up. This works best if I pretend I didn’t see it.
- Put air in my bike tires. It’s just one-of-those-things I think he should do.
- Arrange for home maintenance visits. You know the ones – chimney sweep, annual furnace cleaning, etc. I can make those phone calls but I’d rather he did it.
- Empty the trash. I’m so bad about this – I will let it overflow and just leave it. Bad wife. Bad, bad wife.
And there you have it. I think reading the entries today is going to be very fun and perhaps enlightening, too. If you wrote a post be sure and add your link below and if you want to receive the Ten on Tuesday emails then click here to sign up.