I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
I love the Oscars and so I simply must share my thoughts on the show with all of you. I know this might not be a hugely popular topic but I did offer my subscribers a couple of other options so hopefully everyone will still find a way to participate. And now, 10 Thoughts on This Year’s Oscar Show.
- I thought Cate Blanchette was fantastic. Her dress was my absolute favorite and her speech – the world is round, people – was great. Her performance in Blue Jasmine was definitely Oscar worthy.
- I also thought Matthew McConaughey totally deserved to win for Best Actor and his speech was also fantastic. He managed to give a condensed philosophy of life and he did it without getting played off stage – well done!
- I thought it was great that Let It Go won for Best Song. I’ve heard some criticism of Idina Menzel’s performance (and what was up with John Travolta butchering her name?!) but I think she’s wonderful. And the writers of the song, Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez, gave one of the most creative acceptance speeches I’ve ever heard.
- I’m sad that Philomena didn’t win any Oscars. It was actually my favorite of all of this year’s Best Picture nominees.
- My least favorite was Gravity – and boy did that one clean up! I guess I’m just not into movies in space. Or something. It left me unmoved.
- The All Star Selfie was brilliant.
- And speaking of brilliant, Ellen Degeneres. The pizza bit was hilarious and I cracked up when she came out dressed as Glinda the Good Witch after the Wizard of Oz tribute. I did think her crack at Liza Minnelli was a little mean.
- Jared Leto is hot. Oh, that hair.
- Jonah Hill is the spitting image of his mom.
- I am still disappointed that The Butler and Saving Mr. Banks were ignored.
Those are my thoughts – I hope you all enjoyed the show! If you wrote a post for today be sure and add your link below. And if you want to receive the Ten on Tuesday email each week then please click here to subscribe.