I do love a weekend that includes a Monday holiday. The extra time to relax, a Sunday night that doesn’t include thinking about work in the morning and planning for the week ahead is a real blessing. And so, while I didn’t do anything particularly excting on this weekend, I always think a long weekend deserves to be followed up with a Ten on Tuesday topic of 10 Things I Did This Weekend.
- I visited my alma mater, Wheaton College, with my friend Doreen and her son as he toured the campus. Doreen and I met at Wheaton way back in 1984 and it was so fun to walk those paths together and reminisce on our happy days there together.
- I read. I’m deeply engrossed in All The Light We Cannot See. It’s wonderful but I am pretty certain my next book needs to not be about WWII.
- I knit. The Irish Hiking Scarf is growing. Hooray!
- I made, I think for the 3rd time in recent weeks, this awesome goat cheese and roasted tomato appetizer. It is so delicious.
- I enjoyed a relaxing Saturday with Dale. He was supposed to have an outside band job but it was cancelled due to the weather and we made the most of the day together. We poked around at an antique shop, had a fun lunch out (a very rare treat for us, unless we are on vacation) and saw some pretty foliage on an afternoon drive.
- I made a fantastic beef stew with homemade biscuits – the perfect comforting dinner at the end of a chilly day.
- I went with Dale to his class reunion. It was low-key and very small but he graduated with some truly wonderful people so it was fun.
- I finally settled on costumes and a theme for our annual Halloween party. We’ve been so engrossed in home improvement stuff that we haven’t given this much thought. Now that we have decided, though, I’m very excited to see how our creative ideas will come together.
- I watched TV. I caught up on Grey’s Anatomy, Parenthood and The Good Wife. Dale and I only recently started watching Homeland and we were able to view a few episodes together over the weekend. I’m so glad we finally jumped on this bandwagon – what a fabulous show.
- I nursed a cold. Yes, there was a downside to this terrific weekend that included a sore throat and a cough. Alas, all weekends can’t be perfect.
How about you? What did you do this weekend? Be sure and add your link below if you wrote a post for today. If you’d like to receive the weekly Ten on Tuesday email then please click here to subscribe.